MSP is Transforming
Find a community where you belong and can build your future
Will there be other career opportunities in MSP besides the job I’m considering? Will my values be shared in the workplace?
MSP is home to the highest concentration of Fortune 500 companies because its economy is one of the most diverse in the world. It’s referred to as a headquarters economy, where global leaders in industries like health care, agriculture, financial services, retail and beyond all call home. The same is true for fast-growing startup firms in those industries, many of which partner with or spin out of large corporations.
Companies that call MSP home include well-known brands like Target, Best Buy, General Mills, 3M, and many more. As a result of all these global headquarters being concentrated in one place, MSP is a great place to not only get a job but grow a career. The region is also home to a thriving creative economy, one of the country’s largest non-profit sectors, and a state government capitol. As a result, MSP is home to the largest chapters of many of the country’s top professional associations and networks.
- Watch this Greater MSP video: MSP Transforming – Driving Growth Series
- Visit the Twin Cities Business website
- Explore the region’s employers in various industries through Virtual Tours by MAKE IT. MSP
- Read about the Major Industries and Sectors in MSP, courtesy of Minnesota Employment and Economic Development
- Explore opportunities at employers committed to furthering diversity, equity and inclusion at People of Color Careers
- Connect to local and national leadership programs via Minnesota Compass’ Leadership Program Directory
- Browse opportunities with small businesses via Coimatan’s Small Business Job Board
EQUITY & INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
What are companies doing to build more inclusive workplaces? Will I be able to thrive and make connections working in MSP?
Employers in MSP are extremely collaborative. That spirit of collaboration extends to investments, policy changes, and employee groups dedicated to transforming the workplace. Executives from the region’s largest employers are working in partnership through efforts like the Minnesota Business Coalition for Racial Equity, a collaborative of more than 80 companies focused on equity for Black Minnesotans. Employee groups exist both within MSP companies as well as across headquarters through initiatives like TC-BAAND. Leaders continue to grow and learn from each other though the annual Forum on Workplace Inclusion, the world’s largest convening on the subject, based here in Minneapolis, and the Twin Cities Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Roundtable (TC-DEIR).
- Check out GREATER MSP’s “MSP Transforming” video series: Advancing Racial Equity: Discovery and Advancing Racial Equity: Discussion
- Read United by Black, Powered by All by Insight News
- Hear from Black regional leaders about efforts to address racial disparities
- Read more about how MSP is Committed to Inclusive Growth by Join Us MN
- Spark important conversations with your team using the BE MSP Workplace Inclusion Toolkit
- Find expertise and resources from the Center for Economic Inclusion