Medical Alley is the future. We’re transforming healthcare. If you want to see what healthcare will look like tomorrow, explore Medical Alley today.
There is no place on earth that is better equipped to do what this industry needs.
By being in Medical Alley, we get access to a depth of talent in medical devices and healthcare that we can’t find anywhere else in the world.
Today, Minnesota health innovation and care companies employ 500,000 Minnesotans across the state.
More complex medical devices have been completed in Medical Alley than anywhere else in the world, and the region clears the most complex medical devices for market per capita than anywhere else in the U.S. We are home to the world’s number one hospital, Mayo Clinic, the nation’s largest private insurer, UnitedHealth Group, and the University of Minnesota which ranks in the top-five for institutions turning complex ideas into real world products.
- More than 1,000 health innovation companies call Medical Alley home.
- Early stage Medical Alley companies have raised $3.5 billion over the last five years.
- Investment in early stage Medical Alley companies has grown 150% over the last five years.
- Medical Alley’s public-private partnerships, like the Destination Medical Center in Rochester, create long-term environments where life-changing innovations can happen.
- Boston Scientific, Mayo Clinic, the University of Minnesota, and powerhouse incubator gener8tor collaborate in Medical Alley to fund a one-of-a-kind heath technology incubator.
- Regional powerhouses like UnitedHealthGroup work with Medical Alley’s vast network of innovators to inspire, support, and finance groundbreaking health tech startups.
Leadership & Recognition
There is no shortage of award-winning and industry-recognized companies across Medical Alley. Products invented by Medical Alley leaders Medtronic and Inspire Sleep took the top two spots in the Cleveland Clinic’s 2018 list of most innovative medical products. Starkey is a MSP-based pioneer in med-tech and manufacturing, consistently recieving recognition for their leading supply chain innovation, human capital management, and technological breakthroughs. Minneapolis-based Bind Benefits was named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare 2020 list. And that’s just to name a few – explore more of the countless other award-winning companies and teams via the Medical Alley newsroom.
Complex Medical Devices
Driving the availability of digital health solutions worldwide, investment in Medical Alley digital health companies has grown 1000 percent in the last five years.
Payer Model Innovation
Addressing one of modern healthcare’s most talked-about issues, Medical Alley is home to innovative payer models through companies like Bright Health and Bind Benefits, that help ensure high-quality, affordable care is available to those who need it.