2019 was a pivotal year for the Make It. MSP. initiative. With established, experienced groups of collaborators across the BE MSP, MSP Campus, MSP Hello, and MSP Tech teams, each group set out to move the work of attracting, engaging, and retaining talent forward in their own unique communities. These efforts were targeted at two clear goals: 1) Welcoming and onboarding new partners into the initiative as a means to broaden the impact and reach of its work, and 2) Driving talent to take meaningful actions (conversions) through Make It. MSP.’s various programs.
In the Make It. MSP. 2019 in Review, we recap the accomplishments and learnings from our latest trip around the sun. Rather than list the work of each team individually, work from 2019 is broken in five key categories that highlight the overlapping and interconnected nature of each project across the entire initiative.
- Equipping Partners – Data and discussions to empower, inspire, and engage the individuals and organizations invested in our work
- Resources & Tools – Tools developed by Make It. MSP. to support talent and those in the work of attracting, welcoming, and retaining them
- Direct Connections – Audience engagement projects, communications, and events aimed at connecting directly with talent in MSP and beyond
- Digital Marketing & Storytelling – Targeted ad and communication campaigns helping spread the word about the community and opportunities here in MSP
- Coalition Building – Collaborative efforts to engage, connect, and empower current and potential stakeholders of the initiative
Learnings from MSP Tech digital marketing campaigns make campaigns for BE MSP tools stronger. The assets we create for MSP Welcome Week can be reused and repurposed for the Discover MSP Intern Event. Each team project, though focused to a specific audience, align with larger goals of the initiative and region at large. The Make It. MSP. 2019 in Review is but a snapshot of the many ways partners within this initiative create impact in MSP’s talent economy.
To Our Partners:
THANK YOU! None of this work would be possible without you, your support, time, efforts and endless talents.
Here’s a sneak peak at some the key takeaways from the full recap:
Resources & Tools Developed
What’s ahead: 2030 Ambition
Late last year, the GREATER MSP Partnership announced a new talent migration ambition for the region: That by 2030, the Greater MSP region will be one of the country’s top 10 metros in retaining and attracting people. Why? Because people are our region’s greatest asset, and by working together we can build a more vibrant region that attracts, welcomes and retains people from around the world.
Download the Full Make It. MSP. 2019 in Review
Interested in learning more about the Make It. MSP. partnership? Curious about what we do? Thinking about getting involved? Download the full copy of our 2019 recap to take a look at what we did last year!