MSP is the land of 17 fortune 500 headquarters and 1.86 million jobs (as of 2018).
Today we are wrapping up our three-part blog series by highlighting two of our partners, U.S. Bank and Land O’Lakes.
U.S. Bancorp, with 74,000 employees and $461 billion in assets as of June 30, 2018, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the fifth-largest bank in the United States. Based in Minneapolis, we blend our branch and ATM network with mobile and online tools that allow customers to bank how, when and where they prefer. U.S. Bank is committed to serving its millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world as a trusted financial partner, a commitment recognized by the Ethisphere Institute naming the bank a 2018 World’s Most Ethical Company for the fourth year in a row. Visit us at usbank.com for more information.
Company Vision, Mission & Values
Relationships are built on trust, which we build every day, through every interaction. Our employees are empowered to do the right thing and meet customers’ needs. Our work fulfills a meaningful purpose; we partner with customers to navigate important milestones, provide financial products and services that make banking safe, simple and convenient and strengthen futures together. We live authentically and bring our full selves to work, fostering a community of inclusion that allows us to celebrate diversity
- Our employees work in 48 states and 12 countries across the globe.
- ~60% of employees are women.
- More than 2,000 employees are active or retired US military.
- In 2017, U.S. Bank employees reported 188,000+ hours of volunteer time serving their communities, including reaching 200,000+ people via financial education seminars for all ages.
- Our philanthropic efforts via Community Possible focus on Work, Home and Play. In 2017 alone,
- We are the first bank to offer banking services on all three major voice assistant platforms: Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple Siri.
- We care deeply about promoting sustainable business practices while supporting economic growth – it is one of the reasons we have invested more than $18 billion in environmentally beneficial business opportunities over the past 10 years.
What’s Unique about U.S. Bank
We offer a competitive 10- to 12-week, paid internship where you’ll work on meaningful projects and effect real change. You’ll build your resume with hands-on experience solving business needs and connect with others by helping in the communities where we live and work.
The work you do will be tailored to your interests. A typical employee spends eight hours a day at work. We think you should spend that time doing something you love – not just earning a paycheck. Learn more at usbank.com/internships.
Other Things to Know
Part of doing the right thing is making sure our employees feel welcome and supported at work, while challenging you to develop personally and professionally. We genuinely care about and celebrate others, and believe in the power of relationships. We value and respect all voices. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
Land O’ Lakes
Please describe the industry, products & services of your company.
Land O’Lakes, Inc., one of America’s premier agribusiness and food companies, is a member-owned cooperative with industry-leading operations that span the spectrum from agricultural production to consumer foods. With 2017 annual sales of $14 billion, Land O’Lakes is one of the nation’s largest cooperatives, ranking 209 on the Fortune 500. Building on a legacy of more than 96 years of operation, Land O’Lakes today operates some of the most respected brands in agribusiness and food production including LAND O LAKES® Dairy Foods, Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField® United and Land O’Lakes SUSTAIN. The company does business in all 50 states and more than 60 countries. Land O’Lakes, Inc. corporate headquarters are located in Arden Hills, Minn.
Please share the vision, mission & values of your company.
Vision: Feeding Human Progress
Mission: Optimizing the value of our members’ dairy, crop, and animal production systems through our unparalleled commitment to quality, efficiency, and productivity.
What are some fun facts about your company?
- We have a presence in 50 states and 60 plus countries
- We put the cheese in leading salty snacks like Cheetos!
- Led 280 programs in 80 countries to improve food security, farmers’ agricultural productivity, and that create vibrant and stable market
- Feed 100 million animals, both large & small, each day
- Handle 12 billion pounds of milk each year
Describe your company culture or share what is unique about working at your company.
Today, our four businesses give us a farm-to-fork view of agriculture. Pair this with our farmer ownership and we’re uniquely qualified to fulfill our purpose of feeding human progress around the world, while always delivering on our responsibility to member-owners through our core values. We’re united in a common cause, committed to excellence and inspired by our place in the world—but there are no shortcuts. We’ve never lost sight of the value of a hard day’s work.
Please share any other information about your company that you would like summer interns to know.
We are the 3rd largest cooperative, which means we are owned by our members and not the stock market.