The MSP region has a community for every lifestyle imaginable, from vibrant suburbs, to bustling urban neighborhoods, small towns to family farms. Minneapolis is made up of 84 neighborhoods and Saint Paul is home to 17 distinct neighborhood communities—each part of town with its own vibe. Not sure where to get started? We’ve got you covered with the MSP Neighborhood Guide.
The MSP Neighborhood Guide is an awesome resource for anyone trying to figure out where they want to live. Whether you are a newcomer to the region, an intern thinking about accepting an offer in MSP or a born and raised Minnesotan interested in exploring a new part of town, the Neighborhood Guide has something to offer everyone.
There are multiple ways to utilize the Neighborhood Guide.
If you already have an anchor address or zip code in mind because of a potential job opportunity, academic program, or nearby friends and family, you can input that into the guide. You will then be directed to a map that allows you to draw a radius around that anchor spot, click on cities and neighborhoods, and learn more about the local walkability score, commute times, and demographic data.
We also know you might want to search the map with some recommendations in mind.
Fortunately, the neighborhood guide is designed to help you dig deep and learn more about the amenities you care about most. After you review those resources, you may have some specific neighborhoods or communities you’d like to explore on the map.
Let’s say you are an avid biker, own a dog, a big foodie or someone who wants to get involved in the community. You can search for resources based off the following criteria (or any other criteria that may matter to you):
- Bike Paths
- Pet Friendliness
- Community Involvement
You will then be prompted to give a little more information around the specifics of what matters to you:
Click “Get Resources” and voila! You will have a curated group of resources that you can use while exploring the map and making a decision on where to live:
Still not convinced?
We’ll leave you with a few more facts about living in MSP:
- The average commute is 24 minutes, the lowest of any metro in the country.
- The MSP region houses 1,788 lakes
- Minneapolis and Saint Paul’s parks were ranked #1 and #2 in the country by Trust for Public Land.
- We’ve earned the #1 or #2 ranking for health fitness from the American College of Sports Fitness for each of the past 5 years
- We have more shoreline than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
- More than 80% of Minnesota state college and university graduates stay in Minnesota to live and work.
- Relocate America calls Minneapolis one of America’s “Top 10 Places to Live.”
Looking for more resources and connections? Check out our MSP HELLO page to get connected.