We’ve learned that compiling a best food in MSP list is next to impossible. There are just too many options and it feels like there’s a new, happening restaurant opening on a weekly basis. It’s one of the things we love most about living in MSP!
To help us out, we surveyed our MSP partners and as you can guess, the response was all over the board. Not a bad thing!
We decided to compile the top areas you guys love to grab a bite and highlight a few amazing spots in each hood. So, without further ado, here are the “best eats” in MSP!
- Pho 79 – many of you voted this the best pho in MSP!
- Eat Street Social – cozy spot with great cocktails.
- The Bad Waitress – no, this is not one of those restaurants with intentionally mean staff (they are wonderful actually!). Many of you voted the best breakfast spot.
- Pimento Jamaican Kitchen – Go. It is so good.
- Ramen Kazama – A fav ramen spot for many.
- Brassa – Great patio. There’s also a location on grand ave!
- Hai Hai – New restaurant from the couple who brought us Hola Arepa. Super yummy southeast Asian street food.
- Holyland – So. Good. Great spot for lunch or you can hit up their grocery store to make your lunches for the week. All of the hummus and falafel.
- Young Joni – Pizza. So much pizza. Order it all.
- Café Alma – This cozy spot recently went through a renovation. It is now a café, restaurant and boutique hotel! A great stop before walking along stone arch bridge.
The North Loop:
- Bar La Grassa – Pasta. Lots and lots of pasta.
- Spoon & Stable – Swanky and oh so good. If you don’t want a full meal (read: can’t get a reservation) the bar is great and the bartenders definitely know what they are doing!
- Smack Shack – bomb lobster roll. A great patio spot as well!
- Parlour – Beneath the restaurant Borough. One of the best burgers in town.
- New Blue Door Pub – Lots of you love this spot! Uptown is their latest location but they have a few around town. Juicy Lucy’s (they call them Blucy’s) all the way.
- Bryant Lake Bowl – Another amazing brunch spot! Also has a great Monday night date deal.
- Nightingale – Cozy with a great wine list. Insider tip: order the fries.
- Barbette – Cute, French spot right by Lake Calhoun. Good for a date night.
- Nico’s – Best tacos in our humble opinion. A must.
Grand Ave, St. Paul:
- Café Latte – The BEST cakes. Also has a bunch of great soups, salads & sandwiches.
- Colossal Café – Another “best brunch” spot.
- French Meadow – Another, another “best brunch” spot.
And a few more because we can’t help ourselves:
- Food trucks – man o man the food trucks! A few fan favorites are Rusty Taco, Foxy Falafel, O’Cheeze & Hot Indian Foods.
- Midtown Global Market – this was a must on a lot of people’s list! So many options and all so good.
- Pig Ate My Pizza – More pizza. We love pizza.
- Surly – A must for anyone. Great beer, great patio, the hog frites are to die for. P.S. their new pizza spot is awesome and typically doesn’t have as long of a wait.
And now we’re starving…. Enjoy all the good eats!